Monday, September 15, 2008

glee in the face of agony

Cadie Ladie isn't feeling so well today, poor thing, so we spent the morning relaxing on the couch and watching cute cat videos on youtube while we wait on hold to talk to a triage nurse to get her in to see the doctor.  I have so much to say on the subject of inadequate healthcare practices and the impersonal setup of the systems that implement them, and my concern and utter indignation as a parent and a citizen that this is my only option...but, my current two minutes are up and I have to press "3" in order to continue to hold, and I'm exhausted from doing this for the past 2.5 hours while consoling an ailing child.  Instead, we'll share with you this video that seems to ignite Cadence's joy, we've watched it countless times and she smiles, squeals, and dances gleefully each time she sees it.
May it bring the same joy to all of you.



Peace, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment