Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The importance of Peace

I am spending some time cleaning out my drafts folder today, and I found this little gem from about two years ago.  I had intended this to be an introduction to a piece about finding inner peace amongst outer chaos, but I only managed to get about half a sentence beyond what is below.  The original post as I had conceived of it related to the trials of our first move to the DC area amidst the end of my third pregnancy and my mom's continuing struggle with cancer, which is obviously no longer particularly relevant, but I did want to share the image and this little snippet anyhow.  I hope that Cadence still feels that she has the freedom and ability to do this, and that her sisters will grow up with the same power.




Believe it or not, this was a candid moment caught by Cadence's teachers during class earlier this year.  I've cropped the other kids out for privacy reasons, but in the full image it's clear that this was not a group exercise - Cadence just decided to take some time in all on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment