Thursday, March 27, 2008

random odd bits

This post will be a series of random, mostly meaningless tidbits. If it bothers you to hear about other people's random, meaningless tidbits, don't waste your time reading blogs.

1.) Yesterday I got an e-mail from my roommate of 4 years ago, informing me that a package had come for me - addressed to my maiden name, to an apartment I lived in for a matter of months - containing a whole thing of Enfamil. Who had my address then, but doesn't now, that knows I've had a baby and would send me a box of infant formula?? I'd assume it was a promotion of some kind, but usually companies will get your info by sharing with other companies with similarly targeted products, and since I had nothing to do with anything baby until my name was changed and I'd gone through two more addresses after the one in question, that just doesn't compute. Not to mention the fact that anyone who knows me and knows about the baby knows that I'm avidly against the use of formula in our household and breastfeed exclusively. I have no clue who sent it, or why, but I guess I'm just going to have to enjoy the mystery.

2.) Also yesterday (it was an eventful day, clearly), Cadence was 'working' with me on the computer and marked an important e-mail of mine as spam. In order to retrieve it, I had to go into the spam folder which I almost never do. Imagine my surprise when I found, right there in the spam box (how silly, spam filter!) was a letter from none other than Gregory House. He just wanted to tell me how much money I could make if I got a college education (guess he doesn't think BFAs count?) and then worked in the medical profession. how nice! he even pointed out that, if I didn't want to receive letters like this anymore, I should send a letter to the medical billing department. How sad to think that this whole time I could have been chatting it up online with Dr. House, and I never even knew. At least this way, next time I get totally sucked into the show I can just send him an e-mail and ask him why he's so much like my dad, instead of just wondering on my own.

3.) Perhaps out of jealousy over James's brand-spankin' new macbook, my usually trusty, wonderful little powerbook G4 is slowly dying. I took it to the apple store a couple weeks ago and they wiped it, (I had 10,000 pictures on it. whooops!) reinstalled the OS and said if it still runs slow, its likely that my hard drive is about to fail. It ran great for a couple weeks, but over the past few days has resumed is slothful pace. this time I can't be accused of overloading it seeing as I have all of three files on it; one picture, one letter, and one word doc with pics and text. I'm somewhat devastated by this, but really all it means in the moment is that I can't effectively alleviate the twinge of guilt I get each time I see Kir's comments about posting cute baby pics or think about how, really, I've been wanting to do just that for months. so, to appease us both, I present to you the one photo that is actually on my comp right now:

Admittedly, this is not the best pic we have, there are many more of better quality and cuteness factor...but the cat-and-kid combo really just can't fail to induces grunts and groans of aww and oooh, and oooo, so we present, for your viewing pleasure, our inaugural tigerbug photo, Cadence and Puy sharing a moment.

2 comments:

  1. oh my god i literally just died of cute overload while sitting on my couch. D-E-D dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog while browsing and I feel your computer frustrations. I'm afraid for my own actually. What did you do with all your pictures if they are not safely stored on your computer?? I'm. So. Scared.

    ReplyDelete