Sunday, August 28, 2011

The big wet apple-still going strongish, sorta

Somehow the winds have been slowly picking up as the day has gone on, and now they are pretty sustained and strong. Evidently a separate tropical storm warning was issued this afternoon because it is so strong. I've tried several times to get a good picture of the trees blowing and bending in the wind, but it's remarkably difficult to capture (on an iPhone). Here are a couple shots to show you what a rainless tropical storm looks like:

Can you see how much it's leaning? (no? sorry, my photography sucks.)

Can you tell it's blustery in this one? (Still no? Gah. How 'bout dramatic clouds?)


I got a text from Kelly a bit ago saying they'd just lost power at the farm from all the wind, so it seems we aren't the only ones feeling the post-storm winds. She'd reported earlier in the day that they'd weathered the storm with just a few downed trees and minimal flooding...then she sent me lots of pics of her covered in kittens. I don't think she's suffering too much.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm Kelly is covered in kittens? Can I have a few? Or maybe her fabulous job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farm cats! Mom and dad kitty have four kittens who sound perfectly delightful. I don't think Kelly's gonna let you take her job away, she likes where she's at pretty well, though I'm sure they wouldn't turn ya away were you to show up. :-)

    ReplyDelete