Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Perhaps things are looking up...

I'm cautious to say too much, lest I invoke the evil Jinx, but I wanted to share a wee tidbit that feels like a sign of good MoJo...


A few weeks ago, James decided to try his hand at the Stacker game in the mall, and quickly realized that he had what it takes to beat it.  For those of you unfamiliar with it, it's a (mostly*) skill-based arcade game in which you push a button to freeze moving blocks, the goal of which is to stack them all the way to the top of the screen, and successful players are heavily rewarded, often with prizes worth hundreds of dollars.

He's played now and again since that initial attempt, but tonight, (admittedly a bit high on possibility after successfully voting, [and making great progress with the new design for this blog he's been working on,]) he decided to take one more crack at it - and hit the jackpot.  

He had a choice between a bunch of high end goodies, including a PSP or a DS Lite, any one of which he could have kept for himself or sold for a pretty profit, but he opted instead to use his win to treat me to something special:  



Introducing, my very own ipod nano!  I'm very excited...the only ipod I've ever owned was a first generation ipod shuffle, which I got as a wrap gift on Freedomland. Thank you (and huge high-fives) to my wonderful husband.  I love you. :-)




(*it is rigged to only let people win like 1 out of 800 plays)

PS-the toaist in me, that believes that there is always a balance of 'good' and 'bad', believes that the passing of Obama's grandmother yesterday is actually a good sign, a final gift to her beloved grandson, the great loss to balance a great gain.  Here's hoping.

1 comment:

  1. Cadence!!!! Love it. We don't get I voted stickers here. I was sad.

    ReplyDelete