Friday, July 13, 2012

Boing, Boing...

There are times when I think about all the things I want to do, even NEED to do, that just don't get done, and I can't understand what the crap is wrong with me...Sure, there is a lot of it that's piled up at this point, but none of it seems unusually difficult or anything - there is really NO reason why I shouldn't be able to get some of it done.

And then there are times, like today, when I spend more than an hour actively trying to type out a single sentence, and a quaint little lightbulb goes off in some corner of my mind that says "ah yes, of course.  THIS is why none of it ever gets done. How cute that you had forgotten!"...though usually before that thought is complete, I've had to get up out of my chair another 6 times to fetch something for the kids, put out three fires, answer 20 questions that don't relate at all to what I'm trying to focus on, and, with this pregnancy, make four bathroom runs.

I'm not complaining.  I love my crazy life.  My frustrating, crazy, crazy life.  I've got it pretty well populated with awesome people, and that makes a lot of the ping pong ball existence worth it.  There's just a lot of bouncing involved, and I guess it's no wonder that sometimes I lose things along the way.

Excuse me, I have to go pee.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh. You are speaking my mind, sister. I am unemployed and only have one child but somehow I can't seem to keep my house clean, my body in shape, my stomach fed (well), my child entertained and my mind clear all in the same day. Things pop up that must be tended to that you didn't expect, people ask for favors and you can't turn them down and in the midst of it all I still have errands to run and a tiny person to teach. Thanks for being your glorious, honest self!

    ReplyDelete