Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th!


This is the best picture I got, since it was so muggy out my camera's lens irrevocably fogged up, and the smoke...But I kinda love it anyway.

We had a wonderful time celebrating with mom & dad, the day came complete with movies, shopping trips, ice cream making, cookie baking, grilling (in a freak thunderstorm), listening to good music, spending time with family, and of course eating all the great food we made and lighting sparklers out in the yard.  Guess who LOOOOVED them?

Things have changed so much recently, its kinda stunning to step back and look at it all...Hazel has even shed the last vestiges of her babyhood, rather consciously, I might add, and has basically given up breastfeeding and diapers since we arrived in KY two weeks ago.

Things have been busy, but the adventurous spirit has prevailed, and I think we've been able to keep the attitude fairly festive in spite of all the craziness.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment