Monday, August 29, 2016

22x22 for 22: ...whatever the next day is.

For an explanation of what we're up to, click HERE

OK, so life got busy (inevitably) and I fell behind in our documentation...There was a day where the kids filmed theirs but then James and I didn't film ours, and then Hazel and Calliope and I did ours but we forgot to record Cadence, and James hurt his back so he hasn't been able to do it... and there was one day when I actually filmed two in case I missed a day - so labeling the headers with the days has ceased to make sense.

Anyway, here are all the videos that I have that I have failed to post lately:

Callie's up first:


Then Hazel took her turn:


And finally Cadence...who was evidently somewhat possessed:


And since this was the day that the grown-ups didn't record our pushups, I will instead show you the bonus push-up video I made back on day 2, when it was pouring rain outside and Cadence suggested that I should do a set of pushups in a swimming suit and goggles.  Wanting to prove that it's good to be able to not take yourself to seriously, I obliged...even when I couldn't find half of my bathing suit and resorted to using a dance costume Jean's daughter had outgrown and given to my kids as a dress-up...It should be noted that Cara, Jean's daughter, is a beautiful, tall, thin young lady.  I'm definitely not tall, and at the moment I am carrying more weight than I ever have  - when not pregnant at full term - thanks to the regimen of meds I've been on...so the fact that this thing even kinda fit me made the whole thing more ridiculous and silly fun.

I have to admit, I was a little bit proud of myself for recording my Ridiculous Outfit Ill Fitting "swimming-suit" and Goggles Push-ups to post ON THE INTERNET because I want to show my kids - and anyone who needs a reminder, really - that "imperfections" don't need to be hidden, and that if you own it you can flaunt it and people's criticisms lose their power over you...but then I watched the footage, and realized that, thanks to the three-year-old behind the camera, who was evidently exploring alternative cinematographic storytelling styles, most of the video is kinda nausea-inducingly unclear anyhow, so I guess I can't really claim all that much moral superiority for posting a potentially embarrassing video of myself thanks to my daughter's (probably unintentional?) censoring. You can't even really tell that I'm in a big ole muddy stream and splashing about!  ah well, c'est la vie!  It is still pretty fun, and ridiculous.



So anyway, back to the present:

Hazel and Callie decided to do inchworms for their pushups today!!


For my pushups, I walked the silks off axis so they would be providing a bit of resistance as well...

...Also edited out the bit in the middle where the kids came and wanted turns on the silk and I had to stop and negotiate, and then calliope wanted to be my videographer, taking over from the box that had been doing that job...I think I accidentally edited out some pushups in my attempt to edit all that out, though and evidently the videos were in different formats thanks to the switch between front and rear camera...oops. 



And for my bonus exercise today, Mermaid crunches!

(I modified them a bit - normally I would do one side, then crunch in the middle, then the other side, which would count as 1...but since I had little time in the studio before the next class started (and because I'm out of shape and knew my arms couldn't take 22 of those AND 22 pushups...) I decided to simplify it considerably.  Still fun, but harder to control the momentum to keep from cheating by just swinging back and forth!


Hopefully we'll be back on track now...maybe?? Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment