Thursday, May 21, 2009

5 years ago today, May 21

May 21, 2004, I must have filled my memory card with videos, 'cause I have no stills from this day whatsoever.  I'll stick my videos in where I think they would've been, chronologically.

Waiting in an outdoor hallway to be taken up to visit classes.
where we saw:











Check out the feet of the girl on the left. She's wearing stilt/toe-shoe type contraptions to simulate the look of bound feet that was once the norm in China.



I thought I had a couple more videos from other classes/dances...but they are not currently present.  boo.


That afternoon (I think) we took a boat tour!  My card was full, but Phil once again comes to the rescue!  I'll just use his labels as reference here:

"alan"

"western huangpu buildings"

"river bend"

"tugboat"



"pudong"

"river bell"

"cranes"

"the pearl- day"

That night was our final night in Shanghai.  We went to a very swanky bar on the top floor of one of the tallest buildings there is...here's the same building, the pearl, at night.  There was a thunderstorm while we were there, and Phil managed to catch this amazing image of lightning striking Shanghai.  

What a great finale to our stay in Shanghai.

No comments:

Post a Comment