Sunday, May 24, 2009

5 years ago today, May 24

May 24, 2004 saw:

A trip to the summer palace.  I can't believe I have no pictures at all from beijing (except some non-digitals from a disposable, all from the great wall, but that's for tomorrow.) I am extremely grateful to Phil for sharing his...I thought I had at least a couple shots from this trip, I remember scaling a small cliff and a tree to get a good shot, but I must have been using someone else's camera...bummer.

...and shots of a phoenix through a window...argh!





The lake at the summer palace is one of the largest man-made lakes in the world, and there is a lot of legend and history to it all...I wish I remembered it cohesively enough to share.  But I guess you can read about that stuff, if you're so inspired.

Our trip to Beijing was actually more about visiting industry-relevant places, like film studios and such, than tourist sites, and evidently I didn't take any pictures anyway.  This image is of a storyboard at one production company we visited...and animation studio, if I properly recall.

Lunch!

I distinctly remember this, but not the context other than we were walking down the street opposite from it...possibly after dinner that evening.  Phil has it labeled "saint john".

No comments:

Post a Comment