Friday, May 15, 2009

A New Gimmick

My life now and my life five years ago seem vastly different.  Had you asked me then what I thought my life would be like at this point, I doubt that I would have had the slightest inclination that I would be where I am today.  And yet, despite the seemingly stark contrast, to me they are merely different expressions of one very definite whole.  One fully informs the other, I can't live my life now as if what I have been through never happened or didn't matter, or was a different life; invisible fingerprints and coloring flow through every moment of the now, giving it shape and meaning.  But to the same end, what I have now reaches back, coloring and shaping what I have been through, and allowing deeper meaning to exude from it, and keeping the soul of it alive. 

Thus,  the 'gimmick' I alluded to in the title of this post.  

I started to write another wordy paragraph here, but decided to dispense with it, preferring instead to let you make of it what you will.  And so, I bring you what will be a recurring feature here at TigerBug:  5 years ago today.

Five Years Ago Today:
May 15, 2004, saw: 

This plane. Which I sat on.  For 24 hours.  (Not a whole lot of visually stimulating images there.)

Today:
May 15, 2009, saw:





A Beautiful day in the park, with my family.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I remember that plane and he start of our friendship. Your life has turned out wonderfully so far and I can't wait to see where the winds take you! Much love from Philly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a blog now...
    help me work it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm that first paragraph = wow. i wanted to express something like that recently too. must be that age thing.

    ReplyDelete